Skip to main content

Confessions

I use real butter. Yes, real butter. Not the kind made with chemicals. Not the kind that is lower in fat or lower in calories. The real stuff.



I leave doors and cabinets open. I think this has gotten worse over the years. It use to just be my dresser drawers. I would semi close them, just not get them all the way closed. My ex-husband is the one who pointed it out. I have progressed...or digressed depending on how you look at it! Now I leave the kitchen cupboard doors open as well. (And since I am in no space to scold the kids, The Boy does it too! (Sorry Future Mrs. The Boy!)


I can not grow finger nails. I so admire women with long, well manicured nails. I just can not grow them. First of all, I have an odd shaped thumbs. Second, my nails just break off when they reach a certain length. Unfortunately, that break off point is rather short. I have tried at times to buy nails. But the upkeep is so much. Not to mention I always find it makes my real weak nails really really weak.  So I just have ugly nails.

I have a very, very weak sense of smell. Yep, it is true. My sense of smell went away over ten years ago. I won't say I have no sense of smell but it is very limited. I can smell things that are strong but not much after that. Once I laid a kitchen towel too close to a burner. The Husband was all freaking out over the smell. He knew something was burning. I just looked at him like he was crazy. 15 minutes after he found the smoldering towel, I could smell it!

My kitchen island is constantly a mess! It is the place in the house that every member of my family puts things. I usually have to clean a portion of it off just to cook dinner. However, within 24 hours it is back just as cluttered as ever.


I have turned into a late night owl. I use to be in bed by nine. Casually over the years it has crept closer to midnight before I crawl into bed. I find that my time starts when the kids go to bed. Sometimes I am crafting. Sometimes I am on the computer. Occasionally I am up late to watch my television. More recently, I have been up late reading.

I love Sons of Anarchy. There I said it. I am open to your judgement. I get that this show is not for everyone. It is a show full of violence, criminal behavior, bad language, and is beyond graphic!  With all that, I look forward to Tuesday just so I can watch this show on FX.

                                           

Comments

  1. You are too cute lady! Love your sense of self. PS...the door thing will only get worse. HA! Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, Maybe I should just take the doors off? I will wait till the kids are gone, buy pretty dishes and take the doors off. Then I can't leave them open. What do you think?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Weekend Project: A PVC Camping Lamp Post and Flag Holder

I have seen a few of these around campsites and I knew I would like to have one. The only problem that I had is The Husband. He already thinks we drag too much stuff with us when we go camping and if I had told him my desire to have a PVC Camping Light Pole he would have shut it down quickly! So, that leaves a girl with only one choice: Figure out how to do it by herself. I did some internet searching and found a few road maps on RV forums. They seemed easy enough! I visited the local hardware store for the supplies: An exterior post lantern light 2 inch PVC pipe (I used 5 feet but had to purchase a 10 foot piece) A 3 inch toilet flange A 3 inch to 2 inch Reducer PVC Glue A 12 foot electric cord kit 2 - 3/4 inch PVC Caps I also used a few supplies we already had on hand: White Spray Paint 3 1/2 foot - 3/4 inch PVC Pipe Drill Bits (1 inch and 1/2 inch) Tent Stakes The first step was preparing the lantern light. I could only find black i

Tonsillectomy (Warning Photos!)

The Short Chic came down with a pretty nasty case of strep throat back in April. So, when The Boy started complaining about his throat hurting about 12 days later, I was pretty confident that he had inherited his sister's strep. Instead, The Boy was diagnosed with a peritonsillar abscess growing on his right tonsil.  We had to immediately see an ENT  Physician who took a needle and drained the abscess. He removed about 5.5 cc of puss from The Boys throat.and then told us that once you have a peritonsillar abscess you were high risk to keep getting them. The Boy's tonsils were now compromised and needed to be removed.  We were told to plan for a two week recovery so we worked a surgery into our summer plans. Between family vacations, summer sports, and the beginning of school The Boy had his second surgery. A tonsillectomy.  Pre-surgery prepping went well. It must be nice to be young and have healthy veins for an IV! The Boy had lots of pre-surgery visitors. My

Liver Cheese: A Family Tradition

Today is an anniversary date. One of those dates you wish you did not have to remember but there is no way you can forget.  Fifteen years ago today,two days after his birthday, my father died of lung cancer. He was a lifelong smoker and his cancer was aggressive. His battle was short. He fought for six short months after his diagnosis. He knew the chemo was not working and that his time was limited. When he came to this realization he became the best dad in the world.                                                In the days before my father's passing, my family shared some memorable moments. One of those moments centers around the deli meat: Liver Cheese.I would not be surprised if you have never heard of it, or even never tasted it. But I was raised on it as it was one of my Dad's favorite things.  What is it? Well, it is a German food that is actually called Leberkase. It is bacon, corned beef, pork, and onion that is ground together and baked. It comes with a